Looking for the perfect brunch dish? This Artichoke and Spinach Strata from Cooking Light is satisfying, savory, and (best of all) easy to make ahead! Despite the suspect “green stuff,” both of my kids gobbled this up.
Artichoke and Spinach Strata
- 10 oz package frozen spinach
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 9 oz artichoke hearts, drained
- 8 oz whole wheat sourdough bread, crusts removed and cubed (about 5 cups)
- 4 oz reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese, shredded (about 1 cup)
- Cooking spray
- 1 oz Parmesan cheese, grated (about ¼ cup)
- 1¾ cups 1% low-fat milk
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Dash of ground nutmeg
- 4 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Cook spinach in microwave according to package directions; cool slightly. Place spinach in a clean kitchen towel. Squeeze dry.
- Combine spinach and next 4 ingredients (through Monterey Jack cheese) in a large bowl; toss. Arrange bread mixture in a broiler-safe 11 x 7-inch glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over top.
- Combine milk, Dijon, pepper, nutmeg, and eggs in a bowl, stirring with a whisk. Pour egg mixture evenly over bread mixture. Bake at 375° for 38 minutes or until set. Turn broiler to high (do not remove pan from oven). Broil 4 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.