Long time, no blog! To say that life has been hectic lately would be an understatement. And with all the competition for my time these days, my little ladies won out over blogging. But I’m back with the perfect fall cupcake recipe- Apple Spice Cupcakes! I’ll be making these again in a few weeks when Lila turns one (how is it possible that my little bug is turning one?!), they were that good.
Apple Spice Cupcakes
- 1 box spice cake mix
- Eggs and water called for on box (omit any vegetable oil in the directions)
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup shredded fresh apple (I used Gala apples)
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup butter, softened
- Caramel ice cream topping
- Preheat oven to 350° and line 24 cupcake cups with silicone or paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, water, and applesauce. Gently fold in the shredded apple.
- Fill liners ¾ of the way with cake batter and bake for 19-23 minutes.
- While the cupcakes are baking, cream together the cream cheese and butter for the frosting. Add the vanilla and slowly stir in the confectioners’ sugar. Place in the refrigerator until you’re ready to frost the cupcakes.
- Allow cupcakes to cool completely before frosting and sprinkling with cinnamon and drizzling with caramel.