There are few things as comforting and delicious as warm banana bread fresh out of the oven. This recipe bakes for a long time, but the result is super moist on the inside with a yummy caramelized crust on the outside—just perfect! Banana bread is a great way to use up bananas that are about to turn. I usually put overripe bananas in the freezer until I am ready to bake with them. Just take them out and let them thaw on a plate for about 30-45 minutes before peeling.
Banana Nut Bread
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
½ cup butter, room temperature
¾ cup brown sugar
2 large eggs, beaten
2 1/3 cup mashed overripe banana
1 tsp vanilla
½ tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon
½ cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly grease a 9×5 loaf pan.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar. Add the mashed bananas, eggs, vanilla, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Stir until well-blended.
4. Add the banana mixture to the dry ingredients and combine until just moistened. Stir in the walnuts.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 60-65 minutes or until you can insert a toothpick in the center and it comes out clean.