This is a really simple and delicious crock pot recipe for pulled pork (aka carnitas) tacos. I found the original recipe on Skinny Mom and adapted it for my family—basically just toning down the heat a little bit.
Throw all of the ingredients in your slow cooker in the morning, turn it on low, and you’ll have dinner waiting when you get home. Doesn’t get much easier than that! I used a pork tenderloin because that’s what I had on hand, but I think this recipe would be even tastier with a pork shoulder or rump roast. Still, it was a hit with my family—even my two year old loved it!
Adapted from Skinny Mom
1 lb pork tenderloin, rump roast, or shoulder
1 (12 oz) jar of salsa
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp ground cumin
1 tbsp brown sugar
½ tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp minced garlic
1. Place pork in the crock pot.
2. Mix together all other ingredients in a bowl and pour over the pork.
3. Cook on low for 8 hours (or on high for 5 hours).
4. Remove the pork from the crock pot and use a fork to shred the meat. Place the pulled pork in a bowl and laddle the sauce from the crock pot over the pork.
5. Serve on tortillas with your favorite taco toppings.