I came across this great article the other day from whattoexpect.com that had a list of 23 healthy snacks for kids. The snacks all sound delicious, but with my daughter only being a year old, some of them are still a bit much for her. So I decided to put together my own list of healthy, baby-friendly snacks for little ones who are eating finger foods but aren’t quite ready for raw apples and caramel dip. My daughter has also been known to stuff her cheeks without swallowing, so I’m still careful to give her everything in small pieces, but my friend’s baby can hold and eat a cheese stick as is, so to each his/her own!
- Cheese sticks
- Whole milk yogurt (like Yo Baby)
- Baby carrots, baked with a sprinkle of cinnamon and nutmeg
- Cottage cheese (with or without peaches, pineapple or blueberries)
- Sweet potato fries (sliced and baked in the oven)
- Cheerios (you can string these on a thin ribbon to create a cereal necklace for them to snack on)
- Baked apples and pears, diced and tossed with nutmeg and cinnamon
- Mini apple/chicken/sage meatballs (recipe here)
- Black Beans, corn, zucchini and shredded cheese- sprinkled with cumin and garlic
What other snacks do you make for your little ones?