I realize this post isn’t about moms or kiddos, but I imagine there are plenty of other moms out there who, like me, are providing wedding advice or planning help to friends and family.
My younger brother recently popped the question to his girlfriend (now my future sis-in-law!), and they have tapped me for wedding advice and planning know-how. It may have been five years ago, but I clearly remember that overwhelming feeling that hit me shortly after I got engaged, when I realized just how much work goes into planning a wedding. It’s almost a full-time job.
Sure, it’s fun to go dress shopping, decide on colors, etc., but it’s also super stressful—so. many. decisions. And if you decide to DIY the heck out of your wedding like I did, well honey, my thoughts and prayers are with you.
To help out my favorite new bride-to-be, Caity, and all other brides/planners out there, I’ve compiled a list of helpful and inspirational websites to help you make some of those important decisions.
1. Snippet and Ink—Beautiful photos and inspiration, with some great DIY ideas!
2. Style Me Pretty—So. many. pictures.
3. Weddingbee—All kinds of info and even an online shop.
4. Hostess with the Mostess—Great “real wedding” inspiration.
5. The Party Dress—I love this blog for kids’ birthday ideas, but they have a fabulous wedding section as well.
6. Rustic Wedding Chic—Caity, I think this blog was made for you!
7. The Knot—The Godfather of wedding sites. A little bit of everything.
8. Pinterest—Pin, repin, and go nuts! Create a wedding board and start searching for inspiration.
9. Ruffled—Great professional photo ideas and nontraditional details!
10. Oh So Beautiful Paper—Amazing invitation ideas and photos. Really great if you’re doing your own invites.
11. 100 Layer Cake—Stunning photography, unique touches.
Photos: Courtesy yours truly, by Daniel Min Photography